What I Eat In A Day #2

Sunday 26 March 2017





Hello, Everyone!
I'm really sorry for disappearing lately. You how life gets, I know that's no excuse but sometimes time just slips away. But I am back and feeling motivated to more effort into blogging. Especially when it comes to sharing my health and fitness journey with you. 

In my last post, I talked about how I felt inspired to be better with my nutrition. I am pleased to say that I have been sticking to this and feel great about it. Since cutting out most of my carbs, I've felt lighter and haven't been feeling tired when I usually would. I'm more determined than ever to keep it up and stay focused. The weekends are always my biggest test, so let's see how I did on a lazy Sunday:



Breakfast 10.28am






I usually don't have breakfast so late, but I had a good friend's 25th birthday celebration last night so we got home way past my bed time (I'm as shocked as you!) I've been feeling a little under the weather, so I'm starting my day with a smoothie. All with good things to make me better! I blended up: 
1 orange
juice of 1 lemon
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1 tsp grated fresh ginger 
5ml olive leaf oil
1/2 cup orange juice. 







Since it's a rainy day outside, I'm definitely in the mood for porridge. I decided to try something different with my toppings and I'm really happy with what I came up with! I mixed in cinnamon with my oats and added chopped banana on top. Then I spooned a dollop of chocolate peanut butter (best invention ever!) followed by a paleo topper mix and some maple syrup. Tastes as good as it looks! 



Lunch 1.30pm 





I must say, I'm pretty darn happy with what I came up with today. We had some paleo bread (made with ground almonds, psylum husks, sour cream etc.) in the freezer ready to pop in the toaster. I had the other half of an avocado and smoked salmon to pair it with. Of course I had to add some eggs too. Gotta get my protein! 




Because I can't get enough fruit today, I'm gonna chow on an apple. I've been craving these a lot lately for some reason. Not a bad habit to start!


Snack 4.25pm




That lunch must have really filed me up because I'm only just getting peckish now. Steven bought our favorite New Zealand Kettle Korn (lightly salted, slightly sweet) which is the best snack! These packets are the best portion size too. My throat is acting up, so I'm also having a good old orange. Whenever I'm sick I just go overboard on the fruit and it makes me feel a lot better.





7pm Dinner

Yes, we were naughty and got take-out. But what else do you do on a Sunday night? Neither of us felt like cooking and I was craving something spicy, so we went for Indian. Because of my cold, I went for something that was loaded with turmeric, ginger and chili to blast my system. And the night wouldn't be complete without some onion bhajis (onions dipped in chick pea batter and fried.) These are honestly the best I have had in a long time.





Hot coffee and biscuits, is there a better supper? My Mum bought tonnes of Girl Guide biscuits (the Kiwi equivalent of Girl Scout cookies) and she gave a bunch to us. I'm only having a couple and not going crazy on the packet. It's the mini chocolate dipped ones you have to watch out for. They're so addictive!


So that was my Sunday/sick day of eating. Mostly healthy with a few treats and lazy options, but I feel like it's a good way to practice balance on the weekends. I think I'm definitely going to be putting chocolate peanut butter on my porridge from now on, it's the best idea ever!


What's your go-to meal for when you're sick?
Steph x.



2 comments :

  1. This looks delicious! What would you recommend instead of a banana on porridge as I'm allergic to them :)

    Ruby Lou | www.rubyloux.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Grated apples on porridge is a great alternative. You could add a little protein powder to make it more filling if you need too :)
      Steph x.

      Delete