Apprecitaing The Small Things #2

Saturday 19 November 2016




Hello, Everyone!

Now that we're coming closer to Christmas (35 days away!!) and I have two weeks left of being a 24 year old, I thought it was time to write another gratitude post. It's been a bit of a crazy week with earthquakes, injuring myself, trying to keep up with everything else that's been going on around the world. But looking back, a lot of fun things have happened and I appreciate every single one of them.


Learning HandStand Pushups At Crossfit 

The thing about being new to this type of training, is that I am learning everything from day one. Handstands did intimidate me, but my coach and the others there were super-helpful. I gained my confidence in flipping up onto the wall (the biggest step) then managed a couple of good push-ups too! It's tougher than you think, but I had a lot of fun learning how to do it. 


The Beauty and The Beast Trailer 

I think this would be one of the most anticipated trailers of 2016 and it really was worth waiting for. Of course I love Disney and the live-action Cinderella is one of my all-time favorite movies. I got quite emotional watching the new trailer because it all looked so perfect. Emma playing Belle, the amazing setting (including the library), and seeing Chip of course! I can't tell you how excited I am to see this now.




The start of Christmas chocolate: Malteaser Reindeers

Oh yeah! Who else has been getting excited for Christmas when they seen all the mince pies and other goodies on the supermarket shelves? As soon as I see a Chocolate Orange, I know it's nearly the festive season. I saw these mini Malteaser Reindeer treats while doing our weekly shop and I couldn't resist! They would be perfect on top of a hot chocolate with whipped cream.


Anna Saccone's Blog Is Back! 

 You all know how much I adore the Sacconejoly family on YouTube and the mum, Anna, is a just the best. She's relatable, sweet and just a genuinely good person. She has been on and off her blog for a while, but she has vowed to give us new content everyday and I couldn't be happier! I've so missed her What I Ate Wednesday's and cute family posts.





New Nike Running Shoes! 

 I was well over-due for a new pair, so when I got a good pay check for working extra hours I headed straight to the mall! I really wanted to go back to the Nike Zoom range, because I believe they are the perfect running shoe. I've owned three pairs now and I'm so happy to have my fourth! I took them for a run on Saturday morning and it made the uphill climb so much easier. Felt like running on clouds!




Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them

 FINALLY! Who else has been ridiculously excited for this film to come out? I went to see it on Saturday night and it was delightful! So many magical moments that bring you back to the other movies, and so many new creatures I wish were real. I really loved Newt as a character because even though he's a little odd, all he wants to do is help these creatures and get wizards/witches to understand them. I got a little giddy when he was wearing his Hufflepuff scarf (a fellow house member!)




The Best Fish & Chips In Christchurch
 
A bold claim, I know, but I have found one of best places in the city! Fush is a dine-in or take-out restaurant that has a cute retro design. We went in for dinner before going to the movies and it was delicious! Perfect portion sizes and my fish was cooked so perfectly that it melted in my mouth. You can choose how you want it cooked (pan fried, battered, crumbed, GF.) For dessert you can even get deep-fried Pineapple Lump dumplings! That's a way to please Kiwis, for sure.


Here's the first post in this series if you would like to read it.
Let me know in the comments what little things have made you happy this week!
Steph x.

1 comment :

  1. That Tales of Beedle the Bard book on your post title is what attracted me most! Omg not to mention it's blue! OMG thank God I've stumbled on your blog. That Beauty and the Beast trailer was everything right? I bet everyone's excited for it. ♥ AND FANTASTIC BEASTS! Watched it yesterday, and it was lit!! Eddie Redmayne was perfect and the effects and graphics, the best. Enjoyed reading this post. :) //stringedpages.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete