Daily Blog: Pancakes, Meal Prep & Marathon Training

Sunday 29 May 2016




Hello Everyone!

So, I had this idea pop into my head when I was in the shower the other day and it has everything to do with watching too much YouTube. Like a lot of people, I am obsessed with watching daily vloggers and have always been tempted to do something like that myself. I'm not brave enough to talk into a camera yet, but I thought that maybe my blog could be a better outlet for me. I have decided to record snaps of my day on here and have a bit of fun being creative with it. I think that's what I've been missing from blogging lately and this might help me be a bit more creatively satisfied. So, I will become a daily blogger! Just like the YouTube videos but in blog form.

This is just for fun and I will still be putting up my usual posts as well. I will be sharing what I get up to at the gym, books I'm loving, healthy foods to try, even taking snaps during my half-marathon coming up! And if I stick to it long enough, I will daily blog about my trip to the US and what adventures I get up to there.

Let me know in the comments what you think about it and I hope you enjoy! Week one, let's do it : )





Morning!
It's Sunday, so of course I had to have pancakes for breakfast. They're the healthy version that I always rave about (you can find the recipe here.) I also added half a scoop of protein powder because I have a very long run today for my half-marathon training. It also gives it a yummy vanilla flavor : ) 

Cooking hack: Coconut oil makes your pancakes crispy around the outside. So good!




I topped them with Greek yogurt, blueberries, banana, and a cheeky swig of maple syrup. It's Sunday morning heaven!




If you could hear the snoring coming from this dog...




Been watching some old Mr Ben Brown vlogs while I get some work done. This guys inspires me so much with my own content. Serious #lifegoals with Ben. If you love travel YouTubers, this guy is awesome.





Time for Sunday training! It's cold today, but I always get hot running so I just opted for shorts, a tee and my Puma vest. This t-shirt is one of my all-time favorites and it's VERY me. Mum and I always reward ourselves with coffee after a run, so I couldn't resist buying it.




Having one of Mum's energy balls that she made! I'm definitely going to need it...





It's also my first run in my new shoes! Probably not the best day to break them in, but it had to be done.

We did a good 15km, which we were both super happy about. We've done it plenty of times before and did the half-marathon last year, but it's still good for your confidence to get in the practice. It was also super-muddy today! The only downside to Autumn running in the park.






Time to refuel! If you follow my Instagram you will have seen a few snaps from my new favorite smoothie place, Gre3n Juice Bar. I went for one that had protein, mixed berries and banana. So good! Although the weather was so freezing outside that we downed them pretty quickly.

I defrosted myself in the shower as soon as we got home. It's seriously the most comforting thing after any kind of exercise. Now it's meal prep time! This week I'm keeping it simple and making another spicy stir-fry.




Starting with my healthy carbs, I did half a cup of quinoa and half a cup of brown rice. Perfect combo for having the right energy all week.






I've had the biggest craving for flat-breads lately, so I thought I could make some and have them as my afternoon snack. Being sorta-GF I use buckwheat flour instead of normal. I actually love the nutty taste you get anyway. I also added turmeric since it has great health benefits, and it makes the mix such a nice color. BTW I do a 1:1 ratio of flour to yogurt if you want to make these yourself.

Just grill in a pan for a couple of minutes on each side and they're done!





Now it's time to cook up my tofu until it's got a lovely color going. I marinated it in garlic, ginger, chili oil, and soy sauce earlier and it's turned out great. If you're afraid to try tofu, this is one of the best ways to start loving it. I always have lots of flavors going.




So while I was cooking my tofu, I decided to snack on a flatbread with some home-made hummus (my Mum makes the best ever!) and oh. my. word it was heaven! The flat bread was still warm so the oil in the hummus started to come out. It's gonna be my new favorite snack for sure. You guys have to try it some time.






There seems to be a color theme going on this week! (soy beans, corn, capsicum, onion.) I also added some broccoli and carrots, then steamed them until they went soft. You can't say my meal prep isn't half vegetables!





Mixed in my rice and quinoa with some soy sauce and sweet chili, so now I'm good to go! I am seriously looking forward to digging into these this week. Meal prep is the best thing I've ever decided to do to help my daily routine and diet.




This old girl has been crying for cuddles and help getting up all day. I think she loves it when we are busy in the kitchen. That's her special bed in my room because she loves sleeping in there through the day sometimes. It takes up a lot of floor space, but it's worth it for her little face.




Gonna keep binging on some Chuck while I get work done! I can't tell you how much I want a reboot of this show. I need more Zachary Levi in my life. Season three is my favorite!





OMG guys I've found my new favorite snack ever! I've seen this brand of organic popcorn around for a while and I finally got to try it. Fun fact about me: I get addicted to popcorn. I can't stop eating it! Anyone else have that problem?




Sunday Night Feast! Even though it's supposed to be an "easy" night for dinner, my Mum can't resist going all out. She cooked salmon, which had been marinating in ginger and other yummy ingredients. She also made a raw beetroot salad with lots of feta, and another one with roasted sweet potato and black beans. Full flavor is my Mum's style and as I always, I loved it. Can you guess where I get my love of cooking from?


At 7pm on the dot we settled in to watch My Kitchen Rules, which is my TV addiction! Every year Mum and Me look forward to the latest season and we watch it religiously. It's basically a cooking show based in Australia where home cooks compete against each other and we get to watch them produce delicious food. Love it so much.




We had a GF carrot cake for dessert with some Greek yogurt. So yummy with it's spices!




 So I finally finished Heir of Fire and OMG this book was so good! I have the next one sitting on my shelf already and I am very tempted to dig in straight away. So many cliff-hangers! I care about these fictional characters way too much...
I stayed up a bit late so I could finish it, but it was totally worth it. 


I hope you guys had a nice relaxing Sunday too!
What did you get up to?

Steph x. 

12 comments :

  1. such a lovely post! x

    jess x | https://wellwellgirls.blogspot.tw/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thanks so much! I'm really glad you liked it : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Awesome post Steph! Absolutely adore your photos and I think this is such a cool idea1! :) I am now drooling though, over the food pics...not Zachary Levi...I promise! :p xx

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Lucy! I wasn't sure if it would be enjoyable, but I'm glad you like it : ) Haha my weekends are just Chuck marathons atm! I love it.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. Loved this post! I think a daily blog post sounds like so much fun, although I feel like I never do enough during my days to make a worthy post out of it haha

    Renee | Lose The Road

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Renee! Haha I feel like that already, but it's making me think of ways to make life interesting so it's kinda good! Hopefully I can keep the content good for you : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. Loved this!

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love reading posts like this! I'm really looking forward to read more like this :)

    I hate and love breaking in new shoes at the same time! haha. Especially running or dancing shoes - it's like hell...
    I love the color of your shoes :)

    how did you start meal prep? I am considering to try it out, but my problem is that I don't know what I want to eat during the week..I can't even decide what I want to eat for todays dinner...


    xx Mena
    http://www.eunha.at/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Mena! Really glad you enjoyed it : )
      Yes! I love new shoes but breaking them in can be awful. Hoping for the best with these!
      I started meal prep after doing a bit of research on Pinterest. You should definitely give it a go, it has made my life so much easier. Try finding some new, yummy recipes to try out if you can't decide, that's what I do : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the tip, I will take a look to pinterest :) Do you follow any meal-prep boards on pinterest that you can recommend? :)

      I just released a monthly favorites post and I mentioned your blog as my May's favorite: http://bit.ly/1O4so0v

      xx Mena

      Delete
    3. I don't really follow many boards, I kinda just look for clean eating meals that are easy to put together.

      Oh my gosh THANK YOU!! That means so much : D
      Steph x.

      Delete