Food Diary: Smoothie Bowls

Wednesday 13 January 2016


Hello Everyone!

If you haven't already figured it out, I'm a massive lover of food and putting together recipes. I'm not someone who can just have the same cereal every morning, or a boring sandwich for lunch. Where's the fun in that? Another thing about me is that I'm a bit of a health freak, constantly searching for new super-foods to try. I just feel 100 times better when I have eaten clean foods, and I have a lot more energy.

I'm probably a little late to the smoothie bowl trend, but I've been having a lot of fun with them lately. Smoothie bowls are a thicker consistency than normal smoothies, and it's all about having fun with your toppings. With the right ingredients, they're filling and give you an energetic start to the day. Plus, who doesn't want to start their day with a breakfast that looks like something from you Instagram feed? And don't worry, they're incredibly easy to put together.

Here's a great guide to get you started: 




My Favorite Blueberry Oat Smoothie Bowl: 



A handful of blueberries (fresh or frozen)
Half a banana
1/2 cup of rolled oats
Tablespoon of chia seeds
1/2 an orange
1 heaped tablespoon of greek yogurt
1 cup (or so) of coconut milk 

Toppings: 
Shredded coconut
Fresh berries (you could use any fruit)
Energy smoothie seed mix (from the pic'n'mix section)

Put all of your smoothie ingredients into a blender and blend until smooth.  If it doesn't look thick enough, add more yogurt and blend again. Pour into a bowl and add the fresh berries on top, followed by a line of coconut and seeds.
And enjoy your delicious and beautiful breakfast!

What are your favorite smoothie ingredients? Mango is one of my favs.
Steph x. 




Photo Credit: Pinterest

23 comments :

  1. Yum yum! Your smoothie bowl looks stellar. I really like the color & toppings. :]

    // ▲ itsCarmen.com ▲

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I find them so much fun to put together : )

      Delete
  2. That looks so pretty! I love smoothie bowls, I will definitely have to give this one a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Let me know if you try it : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  3. I love smoothie bowls! I've never tried coconut milk in a smoothie but I bet it makes it so smooth and creamy. Mmm, looks amazing I want one right now!

    Sally ~ DiagonSally

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Coconut milk is so good! It's a smoothie staple for me, makes it nice and smooth. Glad you like them too!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  4. Mmmm yummy! I may have to give these a go, they look and sound amazing. Loving your blog Steph 😊

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm yummy! I may have to give these a go, they look and sound amazing. Loving your blog Steph 😊

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They're so good, I make a couple a week now. Thanks so much Brittany! Glad you like it : ) I hope you are enjoying your new job!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  6. Mmm they look amazing! Going to have to try them now. Loving your blog Steph 😊

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmm they look amazing! Going to have to try them now. Loving your blog Steph 😊

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good Steph! I must try making one of these. I always get a little stuck thinking of different breakfasts and these sound awesome. I too love anything Mango, so I might have to look up a delicious Mango smoothie bowl too! :) xx

    Lucy x |~ SweetIsAlwaysInStyle || Lifestyle Blog ~

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lucy! They're really easy, yet fun to make. Mango is so good in smoothies, right? I need to make one soon!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  9. This looks so nice! I'd love to give them a try xx

    bethmay75.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! You should, it's really easy.
      Steph x.

      Delete
  10. This smoothie bowl looks so good! I love making smoothies, but haven't tried bowls. Might need to try them out now that I have a formula :) Thank you for sharing. And my favorite ingredient is mango also! x

    -Leta | The Nerdy Me

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I'm glad you liked it, it's so easy one you have core ingredients. Mango is the best! It's always the smoothie I order if I'm out and about <3
      Steph x.

      Delete
  11. I love mango in pretty much anything, but I bet it'd taste amazing in a smoothie bowl as well. I'd say for about the last year and a half I've been obsessed with smoothie bowls and acai bowls, they're just so good! My favourite toppings for them is always good 'ol granola though :)

    www.thesundaymode.blogspot.com.au

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh mango is so good, right? That's so cool! I need to try an acai bowl, been meaning to for the longest time now. I'm definitely going to try granola on mine soon!
      Steph x.

      Delete
  12. They look delicious! :-)

    moremindfulyou.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! They taste pretty good too : )
      Steph x.

      Delete
  13. The toppings look so yummy!

    lovely post xxx
    www.ZyaandDaizy.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The toppings are my favorite part for sure! You can have fun and experiment with them too. Such a fun breakfast!
      Steph x.

      Delete