Christmas Bucketlist Update

Wednesday 23 December 2015


Hello Everybody!
If you remember back to the start of Blogmas, I wrote My Christmas Bucketlist and I thought I would share with you how I got on with it all. I'm really glad I decided to do them and it made December extra creative and fun. I feel like this is the time of year to have a bit of down-time, with Christmas-stress and all that.

 Make Christmas Meringues 



I was quite nervous about making these, but I was surprised by how easy they were to make. I use a Donna Hay recipe with some guidance from my Mother. My only problem was that I kept eating the mixture! They did turn out a bit sticky still so we had them dry out in the oven on a low heat and it worked fine. Can't wait to have them for dessert!


Create my new favorite Christmas drink


I combined two of my loves for this one: dark chocolate and mint flavor! I found a few recipes and altered them a few times to get the mix right. I made it rich enough without being too sweet and you can actually keep it in the fridge for later if you like. I'm definitely going to make this again, especially in winter! Don't worry, I shared the recipe in an earlier post =) 


Build a gingerbread house


 Yeah, see the above picture? That's as far as I got! I knew this one would be difficult and I wasn't wrong. I found a basic recipe and with a little bit of help I managed to bake all of the pieces fine. The assembly was another story...I never found the time to make another one, but 2016 will be my year of gingerbread success!

Make Paper Snowflakes
This was quite fun and really easy once you know how to fold the paper properly. I used this tutorial from Pinterest and then found other pins of shapes to cut. It was great to do whilst waiting for my baking in the oven and watching a movie (I had Star Wars on to prep me for the new release.)

The only thing on my list that I never got around to was making a snow globe, but I can always save that for next year!

Did you do anything crafty or some baking this December? Tell me about it!
Steph x.

Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

2 comments :

  1. Awh hahaa these are really cute! This year was my first gingerbread house too, although I didn't bake it... Hahaa that's commitment! Great post :)

    Annabel x

    www.annabelreid13.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! They're hard, right? I hope yours went well!
      Steph x.

      Delete