Baking Birthday Brownies

Friday 18 December 2015


Hello Everyone! 
So yesterday was my brothers birthday, and since I know how much he loves home baking I decided to make my favorite brownies for him. I've been using this recipe for years and I always go back to it. It's all thanks to the ever-amazing Jamie Oliver and all of the credit goes to him. Here's the recipe on his website for you

It's a super easy method and is reasonably quick to make. They usually don't last too long in our house, so I always have to be quick to have some for myself!
I have cut down on the butter for this recipe (-50g), just out of personal preference. I also used milk chocolate instead of dark since it's a special occasion and Whittacker's milk chocolate is still my favorite ever. Even Nigella Lawson loves it! If you do use milk chocolate, make sure to reduce how much sugar you put in otherwise it may be quite sweet.


Ingredients:
200 g unsalted butter
200 g good-quality dark (or milk) chocolate (70% cocoa solids), broken
80 g cocoa powder, sifted
65 g plain flour, sifted
1 teaspoon baking powder
360 g caster sugar
4 large eggs 



Method:

Preheat your oven to 180°C/350°F

Line a 24cm square baking tin with greaseproof paper

Place a saucepan with a couple inches of water on the stove, over a medium heat and let it reach a simmer
While you wait, combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
 
In a heat-proof bowl over the simmering water, melt the butter and chocolate together
Once melted, remove from the heat and add your dry ingredients bowl to the chocolate/butter mix. Stir together until well combined
Beat in the eggs until the mixture is silky
Place into your baking tin and bake in the oven for 15-25 minutes (you want them to still be gooey in the middle)
Cool and enjoy! 





I accidentally cooked them for slightly too long, but they were still delicious! 

What do you like to bake for your family and friends?

Steph x.

Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

No comments:

Post a Comment