Festive Mint Hot Chocolate Recipe

Saturday 12 December 2015



Hello Everyone!
Despite it being summer here, there is nothing more comforting than a hot drink. I'm also a coffee and tea addicted, so I'll take any excuse to get one of my favorite mugs out.
I have to admit that for some reason I've become obsessed with anything mint-flavored this year. Don't know why, it just kind of happened. So I thought why not combine this new love of mine with one of the best drinks you can make at Christmas time, hot chocolate!


Ingredients (serves 1): 
  • 1 cup of milk (I used almond)
  • 2 pieces of dark chocolate (about 20g)
  • 2 pieces of milk chocolate 
  • 1/4 tsp of peppermint essence
  • 1 tsp honey (optional)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
 Method:
  • Heat the milk and the chocolate in a saucepan over a low heat, stirring regularly. 
  • When it is at the temperate you wish to drink it, add the rest of the ingredients and whisk thoroughly until everything is combined. 
Pour into your favorite mug and top with either whipped cream, marsh-mellows, chocolate shavings (or all three!) put on your favorite Christmas movie and enjoy! 

Do you have a favorite Christmas drink? 
Steph x. 

2 comments :

  1. This looks delicious! I think I'll have to try this one. I usually use coffee syrups in my hot chocolate, this one looks much more luxurious!
    Becky xx // Geek Gets Glam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it's really good! I love using real chocolate.
      Love your blog btw!
      Steph x.

      Delete