How I'm getting ready for Blogmas!

Friday 20 November 2015



 Hello Everyone!
Since this is my first year of serious blogging, it also means that this is my first year taking part in Blogmas! I'm quite excited about it, despite the pressure of getting a post up everyday. I'm quite notorious among my friends for being super organized when it comes to certain things, so this is my kind of fun. I'm also quite excited for Christmas this year and just being in the festive mood so that should come across on my posts too. Here's how I'm getting organized:

Write out 25 (or more) blog post ideas
I started out by just making a long list of possible posts to put up. I feel like it's a great idea to have a few backups just in case one doesn't come out the way you want it. I also made sure to make the most of any events I have coming up in December (several birthdays) as prompts for posts. If you're stuck for ideas, I'm going to be uploading a list of 50+ suggestions for you next week!

Assign a date for each post
You can use a calendar for this, or I just wrote out each day in my blog journal. It's so satisfying to see it all so organized! It's going to be great to be able to just look at the upcoming week and know what editing I have to do and what posts will be going up.


Start writing drafts 
This still feels like cheating, but I don't know how anyone would survive the month without doing it. And my life isn't exciting enough to just do a diary entry of each day. I've just started writing drafts for the posts that I can, since there will be times where I have to complete it all that day. I've written a D (for draft) by each listed post in my journal to keep track of which ones are in progress.

Take photos. Lots of them.
I'm talking bulk photo time! I have to restrain myself on a few while I wait for it to be appropriate to have Christmas decorations out. But since I don't want Blogmas on Hello, Steph to be a Christmas overload, I'm trying to take as many in November that I can. Having them at least edited will save you lots of time later.

Stay organized.
One thing I've been doing is going back to my post list and seeing which ones I still need to complete and which one's just need photos. With so many drafts floating around it's easy to lose track of everything. This is where list making skills come in handy. The more lists the better!

Are you guys doing Blogmas this year? Any tips for a newbie?
Leave your links in the comments for me to follow along!
Until next time x.


Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph


4 comments :

  1. Thanks for your post - very helpful! :)

    I think I'm going to try blogmas as my blog is brand new - I think it would be a good way of getting me into the swing of blogging quickly although it will definitely be jumping in at the deep end!!

    numerotwentysix.blogspot.co.uk

    KT xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww thanks! I'm so glad it helped.
      You so should! It will be fun I'm sure. It will be a great time for you to find your feet with blogging, and find some blogging friends too!

      Steph x.

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the helpful post! It's my first blogmas so I'm pretty excited yet kinda nervous but I'm being prepared and setting out some blog posts before hand :)

    Lotte | www.lottebeautybox.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so glad it helped! I'm nervous too but it should be fun =)
      I look forward to following along!
      Steph x.

      Delete