October Reading Challenge!

Tuesday 6 October 2015


Hello Everyone!
A while ago I set a challenge for myself to read one book per week, and I actually did well. For about a month. I then went on holiday, my work hours changed, and it all went out the door. Reading is my absolute favorite hobby, but I always forget to leave time for it everyday. And since I need to spend more time away from my laptop, I couldn't ask for a better distraction. It's a new month and I damn well miss reading, so lets do this!

Challenge: Read one book per week in October, four in total. I'm not being particularly strict on when I finish each of them, since some are longer than others. Just as long as I do my best to finish them around October 31st.
The order of these could very well change, I just never know what I'm going to feel like reading.

The Son of Neptune by Rick Riordan

It's been far too long since I've read a Percy Jackson book. I feel a little old reading them, but I love a good adventure story.

#GIRLBOSS by Sophia Amoruso

I don't usually go for books like this, I'm a massive lover of fiction. But I also love searching for inspiration and due to my current mindset, this one seemed perfect. For someone like me, who is determined to become an entrepreneur but doesn't feel like they fit the usual role, I think Sophia's story will be very helpful and reassuring.

The Dream Thieves by Maggie Stiefvater 

I absolutely loved reading Th Raven Boys, so of course I bought the sequel straight away. Maggie does such an amazing job when it comes to creating characters so I can't wait to see what happens in this one.

The Hunger Games: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Don't worry, I have actually read this book before! It was just three years ago and I can't quite remember everything that happens. I really want to read it again before the film comes out in November since I always get a kick out of certain moments/quotes being brought to life.


My progress so far: I decided to start with Mockingjay. I've been allowing myself to have half an hour or so between my blog work and my part-time job to read for a bit. I've also been reading before bed as well, since I've been having a bit of trouble getting to sleep I find it helps.

I will update you guys as the month goes along!
What are your favorite books to read? Leave me some recommendations in the comments!
Until next time x. 


  Bloglovin' - MarvelSteph
Twitter - @MarvelSteph91
Instagram - @marvelsteph
 Pinterest - marvelsteph

1 comment :

  1. Nice blog The most effective women's business organization for women entrepreneurs. eWomenNetwork is the #1 resource for women business owners to succeed. Let's network! Read more : eWomenNetwork

    ReplyDelete