Motivational Monday: Being Kind

Sunday 5 July 2015

(Can tell I have been watching Cinderella recently?)

I work in customer service so this is a big one for me. Don't get me wrong, I have a good share of lovely people with good manners who come in everyday, but there's always those few who bring their bad mood in the door with them. I had to learn quickly to never take it personally and that taking their bad day out on a stranger was their issue, not mine.

I just remember the times where I have served someone who was kind to me and I have walked away and said to my co-workers "They were so lovely!" and I can tell you that it makes my day A LOT easier!

When I was in Washington D.C last year I was at T. J Maxx and said thank you to the cashier, and she was genuinely surprised that I had thanked her. It really hit home and ever since I have made a conscious effort to be kind to anyone helping me.


Sometimes we all get caught up in the business of our own lives that we forget that we aren't on earth to compete and get ahead of everyone else. I think we also forget how much of an impact our attitude and actions can have on others. You don't have to be a saint and devote your life to helping other people, it's just the small things that can make a big difference. It takes such little effort and you might be surprised how it makes you feel too. Why not try some of these:

Compliment someone on their outfit; it takes time and effort to look fabulous!

Hold the door open for someone

Say thank you when someone steps aside for you

Smile at a stranger

Ask the cashier how their day is going

Life is so much better when you are positive and the people around you will find it contagious too. I think we can agree that we need a bit more kindness in the world, right?

Have a great week! x.


(Photo Credit:Pinterest)

No comments:

Post a Comment