Current TBR Books

Monday 15 June 2015


I'm fairly sure that it's an inherent bookworm trait, but I have that terrible habit of buying about five new books by the time I've read one (thank you Book Depository!) I have an entire shelf dedicated to such books, and if I'm being perfectly honest, I am very nearly out of room. So I decided to sort through them all and pick out my top five to-be-read books. 

1. The Bone Season, by Samantha Shannon 

This was a recommendation from one of my favorite YouTubers and fellow bookworm, Carrie Hope Fletcher. She received an advanced copy and raved about it in one of her videos, so I know it's going to be good. In short, it's about a girl who illegally breaks into people's minds and is then kidnapped. I'm loving books that are lead by strong heroines at the moment and I think this one won't disappoint. My only worry is that the copy I received has tiny print so I might need to take regular breaks when I sit down to read it!
Goodreads page

2. Fangirl, by Rainbow Rowell

I'm quite ashamed of myself for taking so long to pick up this book. I mean, if there's ever a biography written about me "Fangirl" will be the title for sure. I've heard nothing but good things about this book and it's author so far, and I know you're not supposed to judge a book by it's cover but I am so in love with this one!

3. The Heroes of Olympus: Son of Neptune, by Rick Riodan

 I really enjoyed the first book in this series, as well as the entire Percy Jackson saga, so I decided to pick up the second book. I love a good adventure novel now and again, and Percy Jackson is my usual go-to. Rick Riodan is pretty talented at creating memorable characters and introducing them throughout a series, so I know I won't be disappointed.
Goodreads page

4. Carrier of the Mark, by Leigh Fallon

 I can't resist a fantasy/romance book; definitely a guilty pleasure of mine. Upon reading the blurb it reminded me of a lot of books that I used to enjoy reading years ago. It seems to run along a similar story line to Beautiful Creatures which is a favorite of mine, so I'm dying to start this one.
Goodreads page

5. The Witch of Little Italy, by Suzanne Palmieri 

 I picked this up recently and thought it would make for a nice read. It's a story about magic, family and a bit of mystery to top it off. There seems to be good and bad reviews about it online (which, let's be honest, most books have), but I'm still looking forward to it.
Goodreads page

I will have reviews up on all of these as I get through them. Let me know if you have read of these books or have any recommendations for me!
Until next time x.

No comments:

Post a Comment